Bermuda’s central Police Station, Magistrates’ Court and certain Government departments are located in the Dame Lois Browne-Evans building, which was officially opened for business in 2011, 5 years ago.
The name of the building is a tribute to Dame Lois Browne-Evans, who was, by all accounts, a truly remarkable person, with an exceptional career in both law and politics in Bermuda.
From a legal perspective, it is noteworthy that she became Bermuda’s first female barrister in 1953, having been called to the bar by the Middle Temple in June 1953. In due course, she became the country’s first female Attorney-General in 1999.
For more information, see: